|Halo Championship Series Pro League|
|Halo Championship Series North America|
|Summer 2016 Relegation|
|Location & Dates|
The North American Summer 2016 Relegation was a tournament which decided the two of the teams that qualify for the Fall 2016 Pro League, taking place at at L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California as part of KCON 2016 on July 30, 2016. Halo 5: Guardians was played in 4v4 competition. It occurred concurrently with the Season Finals.
Four teams are invited to the event. These include the bottom two teams from the Summer 2016 Regular Season, who compete to defend their spots in the Pro League against the final two teams invited - the top two teams from the Open Circuit Finals.
- Bottom 2 teams from Summer 2016 Regular Season invited
- Top 2 teams from Open Circuit Finals invited
- Higher seeded Pro League team chooses which Open Circuit team they wish to face in WBR1
- Double-elimination bracket, best-of-7 series
- Map veto system in place
Game Types and Maps
- Capture the Flag - Coliseum, Fathom, Truth, Stasis
- Strongholds - Eden, Empire, Plaza, The Rig
- Slayer - Coliseum, Eden, Plaza, Regret, The Rig, Truth