|Want to help out the wiki & get involved in esports?
Join the wiki's discord server here!
|Org Location||United States|
|Social Media & Links|
Severance is a former North American Halo 5 team.
Severance has a long history in competitive Halo. It was first seen in the 2009 MLG season. In the 2011 season, Severance broke out and became a consistent top 16 threat, placing as high as 9th at MLG Anaheim 2011.
Halo 5: Guardians
The Severance name was brought back by veteran member Gabriel "Gabriel" Funes-Soto for the Halo World Championship 2016 NA qualifying series. The roster originally consisted of Gabriel, Marcus "Elumnite" Lovejoy, Emanuel "Hoaxer" Lovejoy and Blake "Mr Blakerz" Kottke. Prior to changing their name to Severance, the team was known as Project Affliction. On January 17, 2016, the Severance roster was changed, with Elumnite and Hoaxer being replaced by Cuyler "Huke" Garland and Jesse "bubudubu" Moeller. Huke and bubu dubu soon left to join Denial eSports, leaving Severance to bring back Hoaxer and recruit Nicolas "King Nick" Panzella to round out the roster. With King Nick on board, Severance finished high enough in the final cup to secure the 13th seed going into the NA Regional Finals. On February 12, Astral Authority announced the acquisition of the Severance roster.
- Project Affliction changes name to Severance. Gabriel, Elumnite, Hoaxer and Mr Blakerz join.
- January 10, 9th - 16th place in NA Qualifier #3
- January 17, Elumnite and Hoaxer leave. Huke and bubudubu join. 17th - 32nd place in NA Qualifier #4
- January 23, Huke and bubudubu leave. Hoaxer and King Nick join.
- January 24, 9th - 16th place in NA Qualifier #5. Team qualifies for NA Regional Finals as #13 seed.
- February 2, Astral Authority acquires roster. Team disbands.
|Gabriel||Gabriel Funes-Soto||Astral Authority|
|King Nick||Nicolas Panzella||Astral Authority|
|Hoaxer||Emmanuel Lovejoy||Astral Authority|
|Mr Blakerz||Blake Kottke||Astral Authority|
|Huke||Cuyler Garland||Denial Esports|
|bubudubu||Jesse Moeller||Denial Esports|