|Want to help out the wiki & get involved in esports?
Join the wiki's discord server here!
|Team has disbanded.|
|Org Location||United States|
CompLexity Gaming (2011)
|Social Media & Links|
Triggers Down is a former American team which was active on the MLG Pro Circuit from 2005 to 2012.
A new TD roster was present at MLG Dallas 2006, comprised of SK, CR "Detach" Thomas, "FoSSiK" and "Solshy". They took top 16 at their only event together. For the next event in Anaheim, SK and Detach recruited the duo of Alex "Toxin" Varouhas and Mason "ToxinsNeighbor" Cobb. They took a surprising 5th place at the event, and returned at the following event in Chicago. Unfortunately they took top 12 at this event, leading to a team change, with Detach being replaced by "BoO". They took top 12 again at MLG Orlando. Following Orlando, the team picked up a sponsor from MoB and Gamergraffix.com and no longer attend events as Triggers Down.
Triggers Down returned at the start of Halo 3, first appearing at MLG Meadowlands. Since 2006, team captain SK had gained much more top 8 experience, not finishing lower than 5th in the 2007 season as a member of FBI The Agency. As a result, expectations for Triggers Down were much higher than they were in its 2005-06 run. This time SK was accompanied by Justin "FearItSelf" Kats, Jacob "Hysteria" Reiser and Christopher "Lowkin" Kerluke. After a 4th place finish in the Meadowlands, Triggers Down replaced Lowkin with SK's 2007 teammate Cameron "Victory X" Thorlakson. Despite a strong 3rd place finish in San Diego, notably defeating Meadowlands' top 2 in Final Boss and Classic, Triggers Down again went with a new fourth, this time replacing Victory with the young phenom Eric "Snip3down" Wrona, coming off a 2nd place finish at his second ever event. Orlando was Triggers Down's breakout event. Fresh off of sweeping the powerful Instinct squad in the Winners Finals, Triggers Down lost the first series of their Grand Finals match against San Diego champions Str8 Rippin. They were able to bounce back however, winning the second set in a 3-0 sweep. With Snip3down on board, Triggers Down won Orlando, the first of many event wins for all four players on the team. Unfortunately for Triggers Down, Snip3down left the team after Orlando to join Str8 Rippin, whose young star Neighbor had just unexpectedly left to join Final Boss. Snip3down was replaced by Joseph "Mackeo" Reinhart, another of SK's old Agency teammates. This lineup didn't work out so well, following up their Orlando championship with 6th in Toronto, eliminated following a 3-0 loss to Instinct and a 3-1 loss to Classic. After Toronto, Mackeo was replaced by Ben "Karma" Jackson, having just left the once dominant, now struggling Carbon. At the Dallas playoffs, despite a second round loss to Final Boss, Triggers Down battled back in the Losers Bracket, sequentially knocking off Instinct, Ambush, Final Boss in a continuation of their Winners Bracket series, and Str8 Rippin in the Grand Finals by a score of 6-4. Going into the Las Vegas National Championships as the second seed, Triggers Down were upset in Winners Round 1 by Karma's old team Carbon. Though they were able to defeat Ambush in Losers Round 1, they were defeated 3-2 by Instinct, resulting in a disappointing 5th place finish on the season.
Clearly impressed by what he saw in matches against Ambush, SK made changes to the Triggers Down roster, replacing the departing Karma and FearItSelf with Richie "Heinz" Heinz and his young phenom Ambush teammate Justin "iGotUrPistola" Deese. At the Meadowlands opener, TD took an early loss to Believe the Hype, but bounced back by eliminating Carbon, Final Boss, Str8 Rippin and Believe the Hype (in a continuation series) to plant themselves in the Grand Finals against Instinct. Triggers Down took two straight best of 5s (3-0 and 3-1) to secure another event win, the first for Heinz and Pistola. In Columbus, TD were stronger early, taking out Final Boss this time around, but this time they were unable to defeat Str8, who sent them to the Losers Bracket after a 3-1 loss. TD responded with a continued stomping over Final Boss, but could not muster anything more against Str8, ultimately losing 6-1 in the Final. In Dallas, the winning TD returned, as they took out Status Quo, Instinct, a reborn Carbon, Instinct again and Carbon again to take their first event win without a single series loss. Triggers Down repeated the feat in Anaheim, narrowly defeating Str8 6-5 in one of the most intense matches of Halo 3 to become the first team to win two straight events in the game. TD went into the Orlando National Championships as the favorite and 1st seed. Their first match of the tournament would go down in infamy as Hysteria's Xbox froze, resulting in a replay of a game that TD had all but won going Classic's way and reversing the series outcome. TD could not recover from this "loss", and lost their next match to Instinct, taking 5th place, their lowest placing of the season.
With the 2010 season came roster changes, as Heinz departed to join Str8 Rippin. TD picked up a returning "Neighbor" to fill the gap left by Heinz. At the kickoff event in Orlando, TD were swept twice in succession, first by Instinct and then by Status Quo, resulting in a 6th place finish. This lead to one of the most controversial team changes of all time, as SK made the decision to drop iGotUrPistola for Anthony "Totz" Pennacchio, coming off a 3rd place finish with Final Boss. TD were defeated 3-2 in the Winners Quarterfinals by Final Boss, now featuring Pistola. In Losers, they were able to eliminate Ambush and Heaven and Earth, but lost an epic 11-game series to Warriors, finishing 8th overall, their lowest Halo 3 placing yet. Following Orlando, SK left Triggers Down to join Carbon, leaving Triggers Down to replace their former captain with Nick "BesT MaN" Johnson, coming off a 6th place finish with Carbon. In Raleigh, despite an early 3-2 loss to Warriors, TD were able to make another Losers Bracket run, eliminating Power Gaming, Dynasty, Status Quo and Believe the Hype before a narrow 3-2 loss to Instinct sent them home in 3rd. TD continued to improve. In D.C., they made it all the way into the Finals, defeating Ambush, Believe the Hype, Instinct and Dynasty before back to back losses to Final Boss sent them home in 2nd. TD went into the Dallas National Championships as the #3 seed. They swept Believe the Hype to kick things off, but lost 3-2 to Instinct in the following round. After a win over Dynasty, they could not get past Status Quo and finished 4th at the 2010 Nationals.
Going into the 2011 season, Triggers Down made changes, replacing Totz and Neighbor with returning players in "Heinz" and "SK". The fourth seed at MLG Dallas, TD finished 2nd in their pool and lost to their first bracket opponent in Swagger Like Us, resulting in a 9th place finish. Going into Columbus, TD suffered a setback as plans did not work out, resulting in the rushed replacement of Heinz with "Loki". The new TD had a poor showing in Pool Play, finishing last in their pool. They ultimately finished 14th after a 6-1 thrashing from Status Quo. Hysteria and SK revamped the roster after Columbus, replacing Loki and Best Man with pro circuit veteran Brett "Naded" Leonard and newcomer Jordan "Amish Acorns" Dotzel. In Anaheim, TD finished 3rd in their pool, but were instantly eliminated from the bracket by Warriors, resulting in a 15th place finish. Triggers Down disbanded after Anaheim, with SK joining Active Rush, Hysteria and Amish joining Final Boss, and Naded joining Evil.
Triggers Down was resurrected at the next event in Orlando by former members "Best Man" and "Neighbor" alongside Faisal "Goofy" Khan and Jacob "Arkanum" Santos. The new TD looked to restore glory to the name, winning their pool for the first time in Halo: Reach. Unfortunately, they met THO Infamous in the Winners Semis, who swept them handily. This was followed by another loss to Warriors and a 6th place finish. As the 8th seed going into the Providence National Championships, TD lost early against Final Boss, who swept them. They were eliminated shortly after by Status Quo, resulting in a disappointing out-of-the-money 10th place finish for the team. Triggers Down disbanded after this event.
Triggers Down was briefly revived in Fall 2012 by former members "Hysteria", "Neighbor" and "Naded" alongside Marcus "Elumnite" Lovejoy. The team played at MLG Dallas, where they finished in the top 16 after losses to Believe the Hype and Legendary.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Neighbor and Totz leave. Heinz and SK join.
- April 3, 9th place at MLG Dallas.
- Heinz leaves. Loki joins.
- June 5, 14th place at MLG Columbus.
- BesT MaN and Loki leave. Amish Acorns and Naded join.
- July 31, 15th place at MLG Anaheim.
- Team disbands. SK, Hysteria, Naded and Amish Acorns leave.
- Team is reformed. Neighbor, BesT MaN, Arkanum and Goofy join.
- October 16, 6th place at MLG Orlando as GL Triggers Down.
- November 20, 10th place at MLG Providence Championships.
- Team disbands. Neighbor, BesT MaN, Arkanum and Goofy leave.
- January 10, 5th place at MLG Orlando Championships.
- Heinz leaves. Neighbor joins.
- April 18, 6th place at MLG Orlando.
- iGotUrPistola leaves. Totz joins.
- June 6, 8th place at MLG Columbus.
- SK leaves. BesT MaN joins.
- August 29, 3rd place at MLG Raleigh.
- October 17, 2nd place at MLG Washington, D.C..
- November 7, 4th place at MLG Dallas Championships.
- Team is reformed. SK, Hysteria, FearItSelf and Lowkin join.
- April 13, 4th place at MLG Meadowlands.
- Lowkin leaves. Victory X joins.
- June 15, 3rd place at MLG San Diego.
- Victory X leaves. Snip3down joins.
- July 13, 1st place at MLG Orlando.
- Snip3down leaves. Mackeo joins.
- August 24, 6th place at MLG Toronto.
- Mackeo leaves. Karma joins.
- October 5, 1st place at MLG Dallas.
- November 23, 5th place at MLG Las Vegas Championships.
- Team is reformed. SK, Detach, FoSsiK and Solshy join.
- May 21, 13th - 16th place at MLG Dallas.
- FoSsiK and Solshy leave. Toxin and Neighbor join.
- June 25, 5th place at MLG Anaheim.
- July 23, 12th place at MLG Chicago.
- Detach leaves. BoO joins.
- August 27, 9th place at MLG Orlando as VS Triggers Down.
- Roster acquired by MoB GamerGraffix.com. SK, Neighbor, Toxin and BoO leave.
|Hysteria||Jacob Resier||The Agency|
|Heinz||Richie Heinz||Shoot to Kill|
|Lethul||Tony Campbell Jr.||Believe the Hype|
|FearItSelf||Justin Kats||The Agency|
|Best Man||Nick Johnson||Shady Halo Kids|
|SK||Justin Mann||Active Rush|
|Arkanum||Jacob Santos||Rack City|
|Amish Acorns||Jordan Dotzel||Final Boss|
|iGoturPistola||Justin Deese||Final Boss|
|Karma||Ben Jackson||VG The New Order|
|Snip3down||Eric Wrona||Str8 Rippin|
|Victory X||Cameron Thorlakson||Instinct|
|Lowkin||Christopher Kerluke||The Influence|
- The Comeback Kids: MLG Interviews Triggers Down - majorleaguegaming.com - 04/16/09
- Guns Up, Triggers Down: The Triggers Down Interview - majorleaguegaming.com - 10/14/08
- The View From the Top: The TD Interview - majorleaguegaming.com - 07/18/08
- MLG Orlando 2008 - Triggers Down Interview - youtube.com - 07/13/08
- Preparing For Battle: The Triggers Down Interview - majorleaguegaming.com - 06/30/08
- Triggers Down to Ante Up in Chicago - majorleaguegaming.com - 07/19/06
- Karma Leaves Carbon, Joins Triggers Down - majorleaguegaming.com - 09/11/08
- Mackeo Joins Up with Triggers Down - majorleaguegaming.com - 07/29/08
- Snipedown Officially Acquired by Str8 Rippin - majorleaguegaming.com - 07/28/08